Links 7-13 February 2017
- The tradecraft of a political analyst
- The last report from Egypt's El Nadeem Center
- Taking a page from Cossery on Trump and Bannon
- A new look
- Hillary Clinton, Michigan and Arab-Americans
- In Translation: Egyptian minister, the worst job in the world
And the links:
- The Problems with Designating the Muslim Brotherhood as a Foreign Terrorist Organization | POMED
- The New Islamic Media – Project on Middle East Political Science
Collection of essays.
- First on CNN: Trump nixes Elliott Abrams for State Department job
First good Trump decision.
- Abrams at State: The Marriage of Trump and the Neocons? « LobeLog
More like the marriage of Abrams and opportunism.
- A file on Islamic State’s ‘problem’ foreign fighters shows some are refusing to fight- The Washington Post
- CIA’s man in Syria: the rise and fall of a rebel commander
Great piece by Erika Solomon.
- The colonels shaping Trump's Middle East policyLaura Rozen on the NSC's new MENA hands.
- Hamas leader: Gaza won't harbor individuals who 'aim to harm Egypt'Abu Marzouk says relations with Egypt are "good".
- Yemen Withdraws Permission for U.S. Antiterror Ground Missions - NYT
- CIA Memo: Designating Muslim Brotherhood Could ‘Fuel Extremism’ - POLITICO Magazine
- Backing Into World War III | Foreign Policy
Robert Kagan - always the most interesting of the neocons.
- Trump presidency heralds new era of closer ties with Egypt | Reuters
- Syria: 13,000 secretly hanged in Saydnaya military prison - shocking new report | Amnesty International UK
Homo homini lupus.
- ‘Generation Revolution’: Why Youth Was Not Enough in Egypt - NYT
Thanassis Cambanis reviews Rachel Apsden's book on youth in Egypt.